MSC2 / MSB2
VERSATILE AND FLEXIBLE IN USE
Gas measuring, monitoring and warning controller based on state-of-the-art micro-technology for continuous monitoring of the ambient air to detect toxic and combustible gases, refrigerants or oxygen.
The Multi-Sensor-Controller MSC2 is designed for the connection of max. 3 sensors in total, max. 2 of them may be different sensors of the SC2 series via local bus and/or max. 3 of them analog sensors with 4–20 mA signal. As an option, an ATEX-compliant SSAX1-2 sensor (zone 2) can be connected to the SC2 slot Local Bus_1 (X21), in which case no other sensors can be connected. The controller monitors the measured values and activates the alarm relays if the set alarm thresholds for pre-alarm and main alert are exceeded. In addition, the values are provided for direct connection to the BMS via an RS-485 interface and also as 4–20 mA output. The MSC2 system for wet areas has an input for remote connection of a digital sensor (SC2-Remote) via the local bus that transmits the temperature-compensated measurement value in digital form. The main alarm is additionally signalized by the remote optical and acoustic warning unit WAO (buzzer and the 3-colour status LED, alarmfault-operation-service). Sensor and warning unit are protected against splash water.
The Multi-Sensor-Board MSB2 is designed for the connection of max. 3 sensors in total, max. 2 of them may be different sensors of the SC2 series via local bus and/or max. 3 of them analog sensors with 4–20 mA signal. As an option, an ATEX- compliant SSAX1-2 sensor (zone 2) can be connected to the SC2 slot Local Bus_1, in which case no other sensors can be connected. The MSB2 provides the power supply of the SC2/SSAX1-2 and makes the measured data available for digital communication and for the 4–20 mA output. Communication with the DGC-06 controller takes place via the RS-485 field bus interface with DGC-06 protocol. The alarm relays can be controlled both via the DGC-06 controller and locally via the measurement signals. The digital input for acknowledgment or test function and other options such as display or various communication protocols for direct connection to superordinate BMS ensure the adaptation to the wide range of applications in gas detection technology.
• Internal function monitoring with integrated hardware watchdog
• Hardware and software according to SIL compliant development process
• Easy maintenance/calibration by replacing the sensor or via comfortable on-site calibration
• Modular technology (plug-in and exchangeable)
• Reverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
• MSC2 standard: Local bus connection for 2x sensor SC2 & 3x analog inputs 4–20 mA, for e.g. MC2 series (max. 3 sensors in total) or for 1x SSAX1-2 sensor (Local Bus_1) or
• MSC2 for wet area: Local bus connection for 1x sensor SC2 incl. splash protection in separate housing type A, remote WAO unit (Warning Acoustic-Optic) with splash guard, mounted on D housing, with status LED (for warning, fault, operation and service) and warning buzzer
• MSB2: Local bus connection for 2x sensor SC2 & 3x analog inputs 4–20 mA, for e.g. MC2 series (max. 3 sensors in total) or for 1x SSAX1-2 sensor (Local Bus_1)
• 3 relays with SPDT contacts, potential-free max. 250 V AC, 5 A
• 2 transistor outputs, 24 V DC, 0.1 A (plus switching)
• Serial RS-485 interface with protocol for DGC-06 or Modbus protocol
• 2 digital inputs
• LCD display (option)
• Warning buzzer and status LED for alarm, fault, operation and service (option) • Acknowledgment button (option)
• Operating voltage 230 V AC with wide range input 100–240 V AC (option)
• UPS (option)
• Conformity to: o EN 50271 o EN 50270 Type I o IEC/EN 61508-1–3 o EN 45544-1, -3 o EN 14624 o EN 60335 o EN 378
• ANSI/UL 61010 1 & CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1 (option)